Onderstaand de beschikbare Hummers type H1 in ons verhuurbestand :
ALGEMENE INFO HUMMER H1
De Hummer H1 is de brute en omstreden terreinwagen van het Amerikaanse autoconcern General Motors en het eerste en grootste model uit de Hummer-serie. De Hummer H1 is gebaseerd op de militaire Humvee en is geproduceerd in beperkte oplage van 1992 tot 2006.
Originally released in the civilian market in 1992, the Hummer H1 owes its birth to the popularity of photos from Operation Desert Storm and the enthusiastic campaign from actor Arnold Schwarzenegger, who personally owns several variants of Hummer vehicles. GM announced that 2006 would be the last model year for the Hummer H1 with production winding down in June 2006, due to a new emission laws for Diesel engine vehicles which take effect in 2007. No version of the Hummer H1 ever produced would meet these new standards.
AM General also will continue to produce the H1, just not the Alpha. These vehicles will be sold through Fleet sales. The next H1 will most-likely bear a refined version of the prior 6.5L Turbo Diesel engine, but that has not been confirmed. Selling the H1’s through fleet sales will allow the AM General to not be subjected to the new emission rules and regulations. AM General has sufficient fleet orders to produce 600-800 units per year right now. The Hummer H1 failed every single government emissions test it had ran. Until a special filter was placed within the exhaust system reducing harmful emissions by 63%. The EPA tried desperately to stop the H1 from being released, but General Motors insisted that their diesel-powered vehicle to go into mass-production. GM and the Environmental Protection Agency went to the United States Supreme Court. The pollution from the H1 was so severe that it was 25 times more polluting than the most pollutive automobile before it, the Chevrolet Impala.
The Hummer H1 has three common variants:
– convertible-like soft top
– four-door hard top pickup truck
– wagon body version
Five engine types and three automatic transmission types can be found in Hummer H1s:
– 6.2 L Detroit Diesel V8/GM TH400/3L80 3-speed
– 6.5 L Detroit Diesel V8/GM 4L80-E 4-speed
– 5.7 L Vortec 5700 gasoline V8 TBI/GM 4L80-E 4-speed
– 6.5 L Turbo Detroit Diesel V8/GM 4L80-E 4-speed
– 6.6 L Duramax LLY Turbo Diesel/Allison 1000 5-speed (model year 2006)
Hummer H1 Trivia:
• In 2003, there were only 10,877 Hummer H1s in existence.
• In 2004, GM sold 447 Hummer H1s
• In 2005, GM sold 374 Hummer H1s
• Crawl ratio of the old 6.5L H1 was 35.35:1. The H1 Alpha is now 44.5:1.
• The Hummer H1 uses front brake calipers from the AMC Eagle, steering column from the Ford LTD, ignition key set from the Ford Escort, armrests from the Jeep Cherokee, and seats from Isringhausen.
• The Hummer H1’s exterior is a combination of SMC fiberglass (for the hood) steel, and aluminum. Its body panels are bonded together with a combination of rivets, bolts and cyanoacrylic (ie, Superglue) adhesives.